Benefits of THE BASICS for Professionals
The beneﬁts for the professional of using THE BASICS, Second Edition in treatment includes the opportunity to:
- Meet the needs of people with psychiatric and substance disorders at varying levels of symptom severity, chronicity, and acuity.
- Implement Evidence Based Practices by using a curriculum based on EBP.
- Reduce or eliminate completely the endless hours that professionals spend on creating their own psychoeducational material for group or individual sessions.Create a tangible pathway to cross-train professionals in the integration of psychiatric and substance disorders treatment.
- Establish a continuity of psychoeducational among professionals for follow-up and exploration in individual sessions.
- Have an abundant amount of program content in the form of treatment subjects, appendices, worksheet handouts, speciﬁc topics, and cross-training tips to professionals referenced from well over 1,000 sources.
- Gain access to a vast body of knowledge so professionals can plan what they personally want to summarize, paraphrase, highlight, or choose to skip altogether.
- Separate and divide the psychoeducational content – using the time-tables throughout each subject – into as many or as few groups to meet the needs of speciﬁc groups and the length of group time in varying treatment settings.
- Have access to enough psychoeducational content that groups on speciﬁc topics – like Bipolar Disorder or Alcohol Dependence – can be easily taught.
- Provide EBP education with substantial bibliographies to enhance the conﬁdence of treatment participants seeking services and the professionals providing them, while also providing a substantial reference guide.
- Reduce the need for group facilitators to take notes or research key points in educational presentations by incorporating the “Tips to Professionals” throughout the program curriculum.
- Eliminate the need to use hard-to-read, uninteresting, multi-generational handouts by providing handouts with graphics, information, and speciﬁc topics to promote group interaction and interest while engaging the group members in discussions.
- Incorporate hope and empathy – from beginning to end – while providing consistency of psychoeducation, and designed in an interactive format.